95% of diets fail long term. Some people will lose weight in the short term but they end up putting it all back on, or worse, even more than when they started!

So let’s be very clear now that “eating less and exercising more” simply does not work for the large majority of people as a weight loss strategy.

Well what DOES work then?

The answer to that is different for everybody. And that is what we specialise in at Thrive Health – working out what will work for YOU.

Are you lacking some nutrients? Are you sleeping poorly? Are you anxious? Do you sit down all day? Do you drink too little water? Do you binge eat then starve yourself to make up for it? Do you have food sensitivities? Do you not like who you are?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then these factors might be impacting your ability to lose weight.

Weight gain woman getting dressed wearing jeans. Diet concept -Read more about some of the things that can impact weight loss in our article 7 Reasons You Might Not Be Losing Weight.

How we help you lose weight

We give you the right information

Most of the health information we are given is incorrect.

If we are given incorrect information on what leads to good health then we CAN’T progress no matter how hard we try.

We have busted the health myths using experience and modern science so that you have the information that will lead to real health and optimal weight. And it has nothing to do with shakes, pills, long exercise sessions or dieting.

And we personalise the information for you. You are unique human being and what works for someone else may not work for you.

We help you change your thinking

Information is not enough. It certainly wasn’t enough for smoking – with scary ads, laws and taxes 20% of Australians still smoke. That’s because successfully changing your health is based on only about 20% of what you KNOW (information) – the other 80% is based on intangibles like what you THINK and how you FEEL.

It doesn’t matter if you know that sugar will keep you sick and overweight if sugar is a comfort food for you and every time you try to stop eating sugar it raises feelings like fear, insecurity shame, doubt or anxiety.

It doesn’t matter if you know that your nightly ice cream binge undermines your weight loss attempts if it soothes your lack of confidence and body image issues.

How successful you are at a health program depends on your relationship with food and your relationship with yourself. Negative thoughts and strong emotions will undermine your best efforts of implementing good nutrition and exercise habits.

We are qualified coaches and counsellors, as well as qualified in nutrition and exercise, so we can not only give you the right information you need to heal physically, but also the insights and tools to heal mentally and emotionally.

We help you find a way of eating and moving that you love

Whenever you start a new program or diet always ask yourself:

“Is this something I can do for the rest of my life?”

You only have a finite amount of willpower. If you are cutting calories, following a strict diet, using meal replacement shakes or exercising intensely 7 days a week then this is NOT sustainable long-term. Eventually you will run out of willpower and go back to what you were doing before and the weight and/or health symptoms will return.

Instead we help you focus on creating habits that work. We help you find healthy food that you love to eat. We help you find a way of being active that is enjoyable and rewarding.

When you find your own personal recipe for success, and you love doing it then it is easy to do this for the rest of your life!

Please feel free to call or email us for a confidential chat about how we can help you.

Our Signature Weight Loss Program

hbhmcircle200

Healthy Body Happy Mind
12 Week Program

The healthy, happy way to… more energy, feeling better, weight loss, improved health.